Monday, February 20, 2012

Pinterest March Madness Challenge!

I really hope you join me! Because I'm excited to do this. The Pinterest March Madness Challenge is to do one thing from Pinterest each day for the month of March. 31 days. 31 projects. That's the goal.
I know, you're saying,
  "What?! How? That's crazy impossible!"
PLEASE, DON'T STOP THERE! Keep reading, this is actually doable! I've come up with some rules and guidelines. After you read them, you'll see why this is doable. Also, to answer the other Frequently Asked Question, no I don't have a great prize for the person that does the most. You're just going to have a lot of finished projects, and hopefully(since it's my main objective) the motivation to continue doing Pinterest-inspired projects.  I'm not one of those Bloggers that has Sponsors and people begging me to talk about their stuff, though sometimes, it would be cool. 

Rules-
1.  Keep the projects SIMPLE! 
2.  Has to be things that can be done in one day. 
3.  If you miss a day, you pick up with the next day.  No starting over, going back, just keep moving forward, no matter what happens!
4.  You can do cumulative projects- paint the bathroom on day #1, hang the new shelves in the bathroom on Day #2, though that isn't quite the idea I had. 

Guidelines-
 Here are the categories for you to use. 

House- decor, fix-up
Adventure- do something that scares you
Hair & Beauty- an excuse to wear sparkly makeup!
Inspiring or Spiritual- for others or yourself
Food- new recipes!
Activity- with kids, with your friends, your spouse, or by yourself!
Crafty- DIY, paint, sculpt, sew, photograph, whatever, just do something that requires thinking outside the box!

Pick a day of the week for each category. If these categories don't work for you, make your own.  What if you have something that would fit into multiple places?  Let's say you're thinking of getting a  tattoo-could be Activity, could be Adventure.  If you already have a tattoo then I'd say Activity.  If you've always wanted one, but never done it, then Adventure. 


Check the Pinterest board(the link is below) to see my Pins for the first week-those are what I mean by simple-I already have everything I need for them.  They won't take more than a few minutes, let alone hours.  As the month progresses, however, I'm going to work towards more difficult tasks.  They will still be things that can be done in a day, but I'm already eyeing a few things I've really wanted to do, and just haven't.


The nitty-gritty of how it works:  I've created a board on Pinterest called March Madness Challenge.   I've already pinned what I'm doing for the first week- in the notes for each pin I've put the day(Day #1, Day #2, etc)that I'm doing it.  To be able to put your pins on there so we know what everyone is planning on doing, you have to leave a comment or send me an email with your user name for Pinterest, and within 24 hours I'll add you as a contributor.  Once that happens, you can start repinning what you'll be doing.  I'm only going to plan a week at time, to keep it from being overwhelming.  Then, on March 1st, we'll all start our once a day projects, and keep it up until March 31st.  At that point we can all sit back and bask in the glow of our hard work. 

I've also made a Facebook page for posting progress pictures, updates, and discussion.  I'm working on figuring out how to add buttons and the like on here, which will make it much easier to find everything.  My head feels close to exploding from the effort, so I'm going to take a few days off from that part and come back refreshed.  Anyone that knows how to do that stuff and either wants to do it for me, or explain it me, please, for the love of my sanity, help a girl out!

No comments:

Post a Comment