Tuesday, January 12, 2010

When things work out...

When office finally arrived yesterday, Bry-D was standing on my cutting table. Installing a second hook for my yarn baskets. He insisted on opening the box; when he did, he saw that the wonderfully cheap student version said specifically not to use for any money-making venture. So he called Microsoft to return what we had just received, and I got online to look for just Word. That was it, not the whole Office sch-bang, just Word. It's $300 for just Word! How in the world is that possible? So, as I recovered from my not so small stroke, Bry-D sat down at the computer and began to do...something. He finally got off the phone and told me that the help woman had shown him where to get a free beta of Office Professional 2010. We would have to register it(which translates into fork over da money) in 6 months, but still, that's better than not having anything for awhile. What a relief! Oh, wait, the dvd-r/rw is broke, so I can't get to my documents until that's fixed. It seems the only thing happening in our lives right now has to do with the computer. We need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment