Friday, October 2, 2009

Apples on my mind



My friend Chele and I went to The Appleworks yesterday. It was a great day for it, occasionally cold, but for the most part, just right.
I kept Lex in the stroller for most of the time, but Eliz ran enough for the both of them.

There's a petting farm, with goats, turkeys and calves. We got to hear the turkey gobble gobble a few times, and one of the goats showed us his nearly acrobatic climbing abilities. Unfortunately, many of the pictures came out blurry.
The area is really beautiful, although Chele spent alot of the time chasing Gavie, who is now very obviously 2. "Mine, No, Now!!!" and he's off running! I thought it was pretty humorous, but then again, I had a quiet baby and a 5 year old, so I guess we'll wait a year and see how much fun I have.
There's also a BIG slide,
a haybale tower,







and a few other things. Such as Gavie throwing a fit. I'll be sending copies to Chele for her to pull out when he tries to say he's all grown up at the ripe old age of 13.
Oh, yes, and apples. Yummy yummy apples. I got a bag of "mystery" apples. Eliz and Lex ate some on the way home. Them's some good eating!!

















































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment