Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hooray for the Children's Museum!

Went with my friend Chelly Belly(there's ababy in there) to the Indianapolis Children's Museum.  We got there just after it opened, and to be honest, I was a little worried since it's Spring Break.  However, it was about a normal weekday crowd, until we left, then it was really starting to get packed.  I didn't get pictures of everything I wanted to, but we had agreat time.  We started in the Dinosphere.
Lizzie asked some questions-real questions, like, hoiw long does it take to dig a dinosaur out of the dirt, and what kind of dinosaur is this?
Then we went to the playscape
Chelly sat with the two little guys while I chased the bigs kids.
While Mason played with the trains,
Eliz got a workout riding this thing
Chelly left the under two area and Gavie played in the sand-I don't think he ate any of it.
Lex drove this lawn mower for about twnety minutes.
After the playscape we went to the Barbie exhibit.  I didn't get any pictures, but Eliz walked the catwalka nd showed her diva side, stopping right in front of the pretend cameras and posing, then running backstage to change.  Mason wasn't very into it, so we left faster than she liked, but it was fun.  Before going down the slide, we went into Bob the Builder.  We will have to go back.  I thought Lex had about had it, but he was way into it.  He was running and talking and climbing and happy the whole time we were in there.  SOmetime I'll take him back when he's just had a nap and can really play.
We stopped for food on the way home, so it was about 2 when we pulled into the driveway.  A fun and very busy 4 hours.  However, all that fun wasn't enough.  When I checked the mail there was a package for Eliz from her Aunt Kenzie! 
I didn't think about till I heard her say,
"It's a Dinosaur!!"  but I should have had the camera ready.  Ah, well, next time.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun! We need more indoor activities here. My daughter was supposed to meet a friend at the library on Friday, but it was closed for Good Friday and we couldn't go to the park because it was so rainy. Neither of our houses were in the condition for guests, so the girls just had to reschedule. Thankfully it cleared up on Saturday and the girls had a park playdate.

    ReplyDelete