Saturday, August 1, 2009

So, I'm neglecting my responsibilities

I started thinking after yesterday's post, is there really all that much going on? And the list got longer. For instance, Eliz was sick during our vaca, and the week following. Which, of course, lead to Lex getting sick. It was virus, and when Lex went to the Dr, he also had an ear infection. Then there's EC. We were doing really well, most days making it to the potty about 80% of the time. While on vaca, we were so all over the place, and Eliz being so sick(her fever got up to 102. 4) I didn't feel like EC was a priority. I used disposables on vaca, and by the time we got home it was about a week of him being in disposables. I felt like I was starting over with it, and he seemed unhappy with EC. When I would put him on the potty, he would arch his back, stiffen his legs and whine and cry. I switched to just letting him go in his cloth diaper for a few days, doing my best to use the signals when I saw him going. Then he started whining when he was wet-something he hadn't done since before vaca. I went a couple more days without putting him on the potty, using signals, and yesterday, I put him on the potty for the first time in about a week, and he went! Yay! Small success, but still, success! On the diaper note, I have to get some more cloths made, he's pretty much out grown the ones he has. Bry-D and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary by going to King's Island. We had a great time! Eliz went to Dance Day Camp, and Lex went to my friend Chel. If you go, make sure you ride the Firehawk, it's amazing! The newest ride is the Diamondback, which is extremely fast, and the seats are extremely comfortable, there aren't any loops or twists or turns, just alot of steep hills. Now, my husband doesn't like to spend money. He will be the first to tell you this, which is why I nearly fell over when he was fine with spending $25 on lunch-2 cheeseburgers with fries and one 32 oz reusable cup. True the burgers were the size of my head, and delicious, but still, he gave her two $20 and got $14 and some change back! We talked, laughed and enjoyed being together. We also questioned how that could be, after 10 years. I asked him about it and he agreed it was strange, b/c, as he put it, "You change your mind alot, and fast." Which is a nice way of saying I'm fickle. And it's true. It's just that something about this guy has staying power for me. Sigh. He's so beautiful. During the time spent at my parent's house for the 400, (am I changing subjects fast enough for you?!) my mother got out our "picture boxes". They are these shoe boxes that she's using to divide up all the pictures between us girls. I sorted through mine, in a desparate attempt to find a picture of myself that resembled one of my children, with no luck. There were alot of pictures with my sister Shell that really looked more like her daughter Casserole. Not just the features, but the mannerisms too. I have to accept the fact that I don't have children, I just incubate Bry-D's clones. At least they're cute, even if they don't look like me. So, that's enough of a break for me, time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment