Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Work in progress

So many things are in the middle stage right now. We're waiting to find out if AT&T and the union can come to a fair contract. Although I'm sure that neither side would agree on what's fair, Saturday is the final day, and if the strike happens, Bry-D will be on the picket line Sunday. Yay. Pardon my enthusiasm. Also, the house is in a state of confusion. We've been moving things around and out of the house since before Lex was born, but again, we have to wait on somethings before we can finish. We have lots of things in good condition to get rid of. We don't care if we sell them, but we don't want to throw them away. So, they are sitting, taking up precious space while we try to get rid of them. Which means there are things just sitting because there isn't anywhere else for them right now. However, happiness is shining in some areas-take a look at my sewing desk before Mom came over-





And here's after-

Yes, I know, there's a pile of fabric under the desk still, but I put that there to force me to refinish Granny's trunk, the future home of my fabric.
Then of course there's the disaster that is Lex's room, another place that had become a dumping ground while I was pregnant, this is mid morning yesterday-

Yes, that is an improvement from before-amazing!

And this morning-


It's a wet bleak day, and I'm thinking mostly about the long list of things to do that just keep getting longer. Eliz's school supplies-we had to stop school because towards teh end of my pregnancy, I just couldn't do it, and then I got behind and Eliz kept progressing(somehow), and I'd like to have something to wear besides jeans on Easter, which of course leads to I'd like to exercise again, but I'm not sure how to fit it in. I sound so depressing. Ugh. I've not mentioned this before, but I love Eeyore. I love Eeyore for the very reason most people dislike him-he's a downer. He's not a realist, he's depressing. He's also pathetic, in a most lovable way(at least to me) But what makes him so very wonderful to me, is that when this grey cloud gets happy, he stands on his head. That's just the way to express happiness - get upside-down.
So, right now, while I'm feeling very much like I've lost my tail, and that life's something of a grey cloud and there's nothing I can do about it, I'm looking forward to a few days from now when I can stand on my head in joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment