Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Chemo Brain, 'cause memory is for boring people

...

...

...

...

Hmm.
Well.
So, I have no idea why we're here. Or what's going on.
-me, frequently throughout the day

    See the blank areas of this page? My mind is like that now. Filled in some areas, completely blank EVERYWHERE else. It's not fun on a daily basis, but it does produce some stories. I used a hand motion the other day with Bry-D. It looked more like I was violently playing the piano than that I was trying to say 'bathmat'. I was sputtering,
      "The, the thing, the thing!"   Luckily, Bry-D knew what room I was talking about and was able to fill in the blank.
     I got Eliz's application for camp sent in, a week before the deadline. I got an email to the effect of, "We're so happy you applied, however..." I had put her birth year as 2017. In two different places. Also, I had only sent in one part of the health form. Well, nobody is perfect.
     This hits me in my pride, much like my hair loss. I have an excellent memory. I can go way back and recall all sorts of things, and frequently other people recall things they had forgotten because of my memory. Unless we're talking about 2017, then you need to find a different source, because I have no idea what's happened. I have to put all sorts of things in my phone, on the calendar, that didn't need to be done before. I recently started using a couple essential oils for memory and focus. What's the funny part? Well, I have to remember to use them!
   What is difficult for people to understand, is that even with a reminder, things don't always get done. Because if I get a reminder on my phone and shut it off, then something shiny flashes by me, that reminder was worthless. I can write stuff on paper, on the chalkboard, but if I don't look at the paper or chalkboard at just the right time, they do me no good. Things are just gone, ZAP, no evidence that they even existed in my conscious mind.

*sigh*

    Things aren't terrible, as frustrating as it sounds. After infusion tomorrow, we'll only have 4 treatments left! Almost there, almost there! We're mostly on time for school to be finished next week, though we'll be doing math and language for most of the summer. But we'd be doing some kind of schoolwork throughout the summer anyways. Since surgery, I've only been getting 1,500 steps a day, occasionally I've gotten over 2,000. I set a goal to get over 2,500 every day this week. So far, doing well. Sunday I took a walk and got all the steps in at once, so I came home and slept for a couple hours. Learned my lesson, short walks, like, to the mailbox and back. Also, no talking on the phone during walks, that's way to strenuous. Freaked the Quilter out with that, though she's a worrier and it's not hard to do. We've been having people bring us meals again, such a blessing! For awhile I was able to cook frequently again, but we're back to once or twice a week. With 4H getting in full swing, Lizzie is cooking more too, so that helps as well.
    Bry-D has been looking for a truck, which we need. 1. Because the Malibu is 20 years old and sounds like it's going to fall apart, cartoon style, at any moment. I swear the only thing holding it together is the Holy Spirit and PTL for that! I have told many people that I would not be surprised if everything fell off of it, and Bry-D was left sitting on nothing, in midair, holding the steering wheel. 2. It's time we started hauling Eliz and the horse to clinics and shows ourselves. We're also looking for a 2 horse trailer, may have found one, so that's good. However, have to have something to haul the trailer with, see point one. Our friends have been so gracious, and they have helped so much, but it's time to cut the apron strings on this. 3. Since getting rid of his old truck, we've realized just how handy it is to have a truck! I hope to write a post soon showing you his truck and the trailer!

Choose Laughter!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment