Saturday, March 12, 2011

What are they thinking?!

These are day lilies, and they don't usually peek out of the ground until mid-April.  Look at that!
I mean, really, this is way to early for them to be this high out of the ground, especially for Indiana.
Even the bearded iris is at it!  I need to divide and replant this, and it looks like I'm going to have to do it much sooner than I had anticipated.
This does not surprise me very much.  This is fringed bleeding hearts, and it's a very early riser.  It's usually blooming while everything else is just starting to think of coming out.
This has, however, got me into the mood to get outside and get myself dirty.  The few days of sunshine have also helped.  My grandmother has a flower bed that she said I could have, and I'm of a mind to drive over and dig it up.  Need to prep the ground and start planning the iris' move before that, though.  Yay Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment