Wednesday, February 3, 2010

While Big Sis is sleeping...

Little bro will play with her beloved passy!
She would quite literally, have a cow if she saw this.

We're starting to slowly wean her off the passy completely. Right now she only gets it if she is actually in her bed. I got her hooked on the passy so that I would have an easier time getting her to stop. Each Wednesday I put her passy someplace random in the morning so that when naptime comes I can honestly say I have no clue where it is and she'll have to sleep without it. She's doing fine, I think in another week or so, I'll add another day, and my hope is that eventually, she’ll just drop it completely on her own. Lex, however, is a thumb sucker, and will have nothing to do with a pacifier. Unless it's his sister's, and preferably when she's around to get upset. My friend MiSpring is a Pediatric Dentist; she says that thumb sucking is now considered a natural instinct since it starts in the womb, and that trying to stop it will only make it worse. She told me that research shows that most children will stop on their own around 5-6 years old. We’ll see. Today is MOPs day, time to dress everyone to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment